Hi, friend! I’m Aria.
I eat way too many snacks, spend way too much time in front of my computer screen, and listen to way too many different types of music. (Who else listens to jazz, rock and roll, and folk pop all in the same day?) I’m an extroverted introvert, a laid-back type A, logically practical, and artistically imaginative. I’m a sinner saved by grace, a farm girl, and a proud homeschool graduate.
Some of my faves:
- Biscuits and gravy. I’d eat them every morning if I could.
- Swing dresses. They’re what I’m wearing after the biscuits and gravy.
- Traveling. As long as I don’t stay away too long, because I love…
- Home. The beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains never fails to amaze me.
- Music. I was going to be a vocalist before I became a photographer, but now I just listen.
- Tulle skirts. I was a big fan of tutus when I was 10, and that love never left.
- Fixer Upper. Is there anyone who doesn’t love Chip and Jo? I ship(lap).
- Mug cakes. My favorite midnight snack.
When I graduated from high school, I knew what I wanted to do. It had taken me a decade of starting business, but I had finally found what I loved – and since then, I’ve been passionate about changing lives with photography.
Because photography isn’t just about pictures. Anyone can take pictures. Hey, even anyone can take good pictures! To me, photography is about capturing memories. It’s about preserving the love that lasts for a lifetime and excitement you have for the future.
As a photographer, I’ve become a close friend to the people who have invested. They’re not clients anymore, because I’ve gotten to experience and capture the joy and excitement they have as a high school senior, watched them fall in love, and seen them hold their children’s hands years later. Life is beautiful, and every stage deserves to be captured, so you can look back and remember how you felt. So you can point to a picture and say to your daughter, “There’s Mommy and Daddy getting married!” and turn a few pages and show her how much you loved her before she was even born.
Because love is a gift from the One who loved us first, and we ought never to take it for granted.