Hi there! I'm Aria, and I’m so glad you’ve stopped by.
If you’re looking for me, you’ll normally find me in front of a computer screen, eating snacks, on my farm in the outskirts of Asheville. I’ll have jazz or rock-and-roll blaring, and I’ll probably be editing photos. I’m a super creative person – I’ve tried pretty much every art form and love them all, be it music, art, photography, writing, or stage.
I tend to think of myself as an introvert, but even though I’m not very good at introducing myself, when you get to know me, I’m a very enthusiastic, outgoing person. The things I value most in life are my faith and my family. I value real relationships, lasting love, and true joy. This is why I love photography so much – because I love capturing relationships and moments of joy.
My love of photography started at an early age – 14, in fact – when my brother and I went in together to buy our first “professional” camera. Needless to say, I ended up buying his half off of him not too much longer and started a photography business a year later. It wasn’t until my senior year in high school that my parents and I realized this was what I was really passionate about. Instead of sending me to college, they invested in specialized training in photography for me.
When I graduated from high school at 16, I took my training and all the knowledge I had from a decade of starting businesses and combined them. The two of them together helped me build my brand and become Aria Photo. Since then, I’ve never looked back! Sharing and capturing your memories and relationships is in every way my dream job, and though I have times when I feel discouraged, every shoot makes me even more passionate about what I do.
Now that you know all about me, I’d love to hear all about you! Whether you’re thinking about booking a shoot or just stumbled across my website, I’d love to hear your story. I encourage you to drop me a line in my contact form and say hi. 😊
a few of my favorite things:
- Biscuits and gravy. I’d eat them every morning if I could.
- Swing dresses. They’re what I’m wearing after the biscuits and gravy.
- Traveling. As long as I don’t stay away too long, because I love…
- Home. The beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains never fails to amaze me.
- Music. I was going to be a vocalist before I became a photographer, but now I just listen.
- Tulle skirts. I was a big fan of tutus when I was 10, and that love never left.
- Fixer Upper. Is there anyone who doesn’t love Chip and Jo? I ship(lap).
- Mug cakes. My favorite midnight snack.